New Kingdom to Eternal Kingdom.
When our Lord Jesus Christ arrives and we are all changed, several events will occur which we must all be aware of. We believe God's purpose for mankind is to prepare those whom He calls—and who is elect through a life of overcoming sin, developing righteous character and growing in grace and knowledge—to possess God's Kingdom and become kings and priests reigning with Christ at His return. We believe that the reason for mankind's existence is literally to choose between Our Father, or Satan, and if Our Father is chosen, then to be born as spirit beings into the family of God
15. What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, His servants ye are to whom ye obey: whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness.
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry Abba Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17. And if children, the heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.
Romans 8:30. Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.
Acts 2:39. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
2 Peter 3:18. But grow in grace and in the knowledge of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
Revelation 3:5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
Revelation 5:10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests, and we shall reign on the earth.
The purpose for man's existence is stated at both ends of Scripture. At the beginning, God reveals that He created man in His own image and likeness; language that refers to offspring or children and be in submission to Him, share dominion or rule with Him over creation in submission to Him as His children.
26. And God said, “Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth over the earth.”
27. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
28. And God said, “Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man He had formed.
When we get to Gen.2: 7, we find that the 'man' 'formed' and not 'created' there is 'eth'Ha'adham' in the Hebrew, with the article and particle. The particle 'eth' is always emphatic, and 'Ha' is for extra emphasis, pointing to a special condition.
The man Adam was formed by God separate from Genesis 1:26-28, and it was from this man’s bloodline and his wife Eve, that Our Lord Jesus Christ was to be born, to Mary from the house of Jesse son of Joseph. http://www.godsplan.org.uk//Gen%201_26-2_9_files/Page302.htm
Who was crucified, and died to take away the sins of the world, and to show us the way back to OUR FATHER. We should be so grateful for all the blessings bestowed on us.
1. This is THE BOOK OF THE GENERATIONS OF ADAM. In the day that God created man, In the likeness of God made He him.
2. Male and female created He them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day they were created.
3. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
From then until today through Abraham we too are of that same bloodline, and have a choice to make.
Matt. 24:15. When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Two statements particularly stand out in this verse of Matt 24:15;
1. The abomination of desolation STANDS in the holy place, (Temple in Jerusalem) not sits, kneels, leans, stoops, or anything else; but STANDS in the holy place (temple). I believe this to be the Ashērah, which can be studied in appendix 42 on page 35 for those who possess the KJV Companion Bible. Here are a few excerpts from the text.
The word Ashērah is from the root ‘ãshar, to be straight, erect, or upright. Compared with this, all that men may think or say about the ‘Ashērah is of little value. The word is always rendered grove or groves in the A.V. (Authorised Version) and always left as a proper name in the R.V. (Revised Version). It was made of wood or stone, and set erect in the ground.(Isa 17:8)What the shape was is indicated in (1 Kings 15:13).”an idol in a grove”, should be (as in the RV), “an abominable image for an Ashērah. It is often coupled with mazzevoth, or stone “pillars”(R.V.), (and rendered images in the A.V.), connected with Baal-worship. Like every form of “religion,” It had to do with the “flesh;” and hence, by the law of evolution (which is seen operating only in human affairs) it soon became corrupted. Evolution is seen in the progress of man’s works, because he begins from ignorance, and goes on learning from his mistakes and failures. From the moment he ends his works devolution at once sets in and deterioration begins. This is specially true in the “religious” sphere. All religions have become corrupt.
So too with the ‘Ashērah: Originally a tree, symbolical of the (tree of life,) it was an object of reverence and veneration. Then came the perversion of the earlier idea, which simply honoured the origin of life; and it was corrupted and debased
into the organ of procreation, which was symbolized by the form and shape given to the ‘Ashērah. It was the Phallus image of;
Isa 57:8. Behind the doors also and the posts hast thou set up thy rememberance: for thou hast discovered thyself to another than Me, and art gone up; thou hast enlarged thy bed, and made thee a covenant with them; thou lovedst their bed where thou sawest it.
…and the “image of the male”,
Ezek 16.17. Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of My gold and of My silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them.
These symbols, in turn, became the incentive to all forms of impurity, which were part of its libidinous worship, with the swarms of “devotees” involved in its obscene orgies. The serpent (Satan) was accepted as the symbol of the nexus, and was thus associated with the “pillar” and the “tree”, hence, it too became an object of worship.
A recrudescence = (Revival of material or behaviour that had previously quiesced) of this is more than hinted at; and it will be better understood when “the abomination “ of Antichrist shall STAND once again in the Temple at Jerusalem (Mat 24:15).
2. (Whoso readeth, let him understand:)
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place then; the tribulation has begun. There will be no need to be in Jerusalem to see it because it will be publicised all over the world. So whoso readeth, let him understand what is going on. It is time to make your choice.
Matt 24:21. For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Connecting the prophecies of Daniel with Paul’s we can understand that the Antichrist will be revealed at the abomination that causes desolation. We also know from Daniel and Jesus that the abomination that causes desolation starts the time of Great Tribulation.
Now, we are about to dig into one of the most fascinating and perhaps challenging eschatological mysteries of the Bible. Paul tells us that someone is now restraining “the secret power of lawlessness.” He goes on to say that when the restrainer is no longer restraining - “the secret power of lawlessness” - the Antichrist will be revealed.
So, who is now holding back the secret power of lawlessness? Who is the Restrainer? Let’s look carefully at what Paul is telling us.
Who is the restrainer?
2 Thessalonians 2:6. And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not, neither was their place found anymore in heaven.
9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan., which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
So, at the appointed time, Michael will arise and fight against Satan and Satan will lose his place in heaven. Apparently, when Satan and his angels are hurled down to the earth, Michael will no longer be restraining him and Satan is able to go after the people of God without restraint.
When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman [Israel] who had given birth to the male child [Jesus]. The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time [3 ½ years], out of the serpent's reach…. Then the dragon was enraged at the woman [Israel] and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring [Elect] those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
13. And when the dragon saw that he was cast onto the earth, he persecuted the woman who brought forth the man child.
14. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
15. And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he may cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of her mouth.
17. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
When Michael throws Satan down to earth, Satan will become furious and pursue the destruction of Israel and the Elect during the Great Tribulation. We know this is the time of the Great Tribulation because of what is happening and because John tells us how long this period of distress lasts. He says that this will be for “a time, times and half a time” which is the same expression that Daniel used when he wrote of the Great Tribulation period.
Daniel 7:25. And he shall speak great words against the MOST HIGH, and shall wear out the saints of the MOST HIGH, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time
Daniel 12:7. And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by Him that liveth forever that it shall be for time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
Therefore, we know that Michael will cast Satan down to earth at the same time of the abomination that causes desolation, when the Antichrist is revealed. In Revelation 13, John tells us even more about what happens during this last three-and-a-half years (“One half of the One week”) of the Great Tribulation when Satan is unrestrained.
1. Michael arises and throws Satan out of heaven to earth.
2. Satan gives his power to the Antichrist.
3. Antichrist is revealed at the abomination that causes desolation.
4. The Great Tribulation begins immediately and lasts 3 1/2 years.
5. Christ returns on the Day of the Lord and gathers His elect.
Putting all this together, we have concluded that Michael is the one who is holding back Satan (the power of lawlessness) until the appointed time. Michael will then defeat Satan in battle and throw him and his angels down to earth. Satan’s power of lawlessness will then be unrestrained and he will turn his fury on the people of God.
So now we know the mystery of all three players in Paul’s last days scenario, as it is written.
1. He who is being held back - Satan
2. He who is doing the holding - Michael is the restrainer!
3. He who will be revealed - Antichrist
Christ returns on the Day of the Lord and gathers His elect.
This is the first resurrection. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/revelation_%20revealed.htm#first_resurrection The various individual resurrections which make up the category of the first resurrection all precede the second resurrection in time. It is also the chief or foremost resurrection, the “better resurrection”;
Heb. 11:35. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance: that they might obtain a better resurrection
Because participation in the first resurrection indicates a person is saved and participates in the blessings of God’s kingdom on earth.
This resurrection is, therefore, the chief, principal, pre-eminent one, because it pertains to that of the first-born, and constitutes the persons embraced in and experiencing its power the first born that belong exclusively—in a particular sense typified by the Jewish first-born—to God Himself. Hence not time but distinction is denoted.
The use of first to describe a resurrection which follows after Christ’s resurrection, gives us an initial clue that first cannot denote absolute chronological order—as that of a single event which occurs before all others. By this time, Christ has been resurrected for almost two thousand years, yet Scripture calls this subsequent event “the first resurrection.” It is first from the perspective of its priority : those who participate in the resurrection of life rather than the resurrection of condemnation.
28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,
29. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
It is also first relative to the Millennial Kingdom since the subsequent resurrection will not be until one thousand years later. Christ was the first man to rise in the category which is the first resurrection:
But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. (Died)
At the Great White Throne judgement.
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who
sat upon it
The scene before John is very similar to that which Daniel saw in his night vision:
9. I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, Whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels like burning fire.
10. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgement was set, and the books were opened.
In Daniel’s vision, it is the Father who judged on behalf of the Son. The judgment involved the decision to terminate the reign of Antichrist and give the kingdom to the Son and the saints:
“The Ancient of days” (God in His own ineffable person, not in the person of Christ) did sit in the role of a judge about to pass sentence. He is the Judge here; because the case is Christ’s, involving the judgment of the Antichrist;
11. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
12. As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
and the Son does not judge His own case, which is the peculiar province of the Father, to be distinguished from the province of the Son as Judge
The final judgment of the wicked is almost certainly to be judged by the One Who died on behalf of the world, to whom judgment has been given: For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
22. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgement unto the son:
23. That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father Which hath sent Him.
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.
30. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.
31. Because He has appointed a day, In the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man Whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.
Very little is said concerning the scene. The description of the throne is pregnant with forboding: Weigh each word.
Great,—it is the Infinite before whom the finite must stand;
White,—it is the unveiled, undimmed blaze of the divine holiness and purity and justice;
Throne,—it is majesty unlimited, in which inheres utter right to dispose of the destiny of creatures.
Before such a throne, creatures cannot stand; but they shall stand—even the lost!
Those who do not repent will be thrown into the Lake of fire. They were judged, each one according to his works
Then Death and Hades were cast into the
lake of fire.
Death (representing the bodies of the dead which had lain in the earth and sea) and Hades (the place of torment for soul and spirit of the unrighteous dead between death and the judgment) will be destroyed. Their physical reality vanishes in the fleeing of the earth and heaven—the destruction of the old order:
Death and Hades, here viewed as if they were personal beings, share the same fate. They, of course, cease to be. There is nothing more of temporal death or of the place of departed spirits after this. They are not personal beings, hence their casting into “the lake of fire” is the end of them; but, conceived of as persons, they are consigned to exactly the same eternal punishment with the other wicked.
They are the final enemies to be destroyed before the eternal state and are vanquished to the Lake of Fire, a cosmic rubbish dump:
The clearest and most vivid of the New Testament terms used to describe the final hell, the lake of fire, is geenna (Gehenna). Gehenna is the New Testament word for the valley of Ben-Hinnom (Isa. 30:33; Jer. 7:31-32; 19:6), located southwest of Jerusalem. In Old Testament times, idolatrous Israelites burned their children in the fire there as sacrifices to false gods (Jer. 19:2-6). In Jesus’ day, it was the site of Jerusalem’s rubbish dump. The fires kept constantly burning there giving off foul-smelling smoke, and the dump was infested with maggots. Sometimes the bodies of criminals were dumped there. The valley of Ben-Hinnom was thus an apt picture of eternal hell, one used repeatedly by Jesus (Luke 12:5). Hell will be God’s eternal cosmic dump; its inmates will be burning as rubbish forever.
Their casting into the Lake of Fire may be another indicator that none who stand in this judgment are saved. All who were part of the second resurrection (which emptied Death and Hades) are bound for the Lake of Fire.
Anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
God is righteous and just. He will dutifully check the Book of Life for the name of each and every one who stands in this judgment. Scripture records the sober outcome: those not written in the book face eternal doom. Being “the resurrection of condemnation.”
John 5:39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they, which testify of me.
None of these will be found written. The Beast worshippers in their midst—a relatively small proportion of the sum total of unbelievers of all ages—will never have been written in the book The rest of the unsaved dead were written in the book at one time, but having rejected God until their death, their names were blotted out.
Although their deeds determine the relative degree of punishment, all who reject the Lamb of God stand without atonement for their sin and are condemned. It is their absence from the Book of Life of the Lamb which seals their fate and indicates a complete lack of relationship with Jesus—He never knew them (Mtt. 7:22-23):
After the 1000 years are complete, Satan will be released once again to test the people.
What an amazing time of blessing this will be! Satan and his demonic realm will be rendered completely inoperative during the coming earthly kingdom of God. But this great blessing also has a flip side: in the removal of the great tempter is the removal of a convenient excuse by which men hide their own rebellious nature. And this, it would seem, is part of God’s plan in locking Satan away for the duration of the Millennial Kingdom—to show man his utter incapability of obedience to God, even in the midst of ideal conditions and in the absence of the influence of the serpent of old.
After the thousand years have expired, he is released to deceive the nations one final time, to reveal the rebellious nature in man, and a final purging is undertaken. Here we see the sovereignty of God Who uses all things to achieve His ultimate ends. Satan is no less a tool of God in his rebellion than in his obedience. Although God is not the author of sin, His sovereignty over the affairs of history is not the least bit threatened by the disobedience of His creatures.
Rev 20:7. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.
Rev 20:8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sands of the sea.
On completion the New Kingdom will be handed over to our Father.
1 Cor 15:24. Then cometh the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
God will descend to Earth with His Temple. See Ezekiel 40:2 (for dimensions)
God will reside with us on Earth.
For the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are
For most of history, God had purposed that there be a Temple to mitigate His holy presence in the midst of sinful men. Now there are no more sins, and man and God can enjoy full fellowship without separation (John 1:1). It was the redemptive work of Jesus on the cross which ultimately restored full fellowship between man and God (Mtt. 27:39; John 2:19; Col. 1:19; Rev. 5:9). Significantly, God the Father and God the Son are equally considered to be the Temple. Again, we see the equivalency of Jesus Christ with the Father. Jesus is God (John 10:30);
The city had no need of the sun or of the
moon to shine in it.
It indicates that the city had no need of their light because of the Shekinah glory of God in the midst of the city. God created light on the first day (Gen. 1:3), but the sun and moon were not created until the fourth day (Gen. 1:14):
The glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is
Isaiah saw a day, after the punishment of the “host of exalted ones” (probably fallen angels), when the brightness of the Shekinah glory would make the moon disgraced and the sun ashamed (Isa. 24:23). Now, the glory of the Lord serves in their stead. the Shekinah glory of God will serve in their place in the city and its vicinity:
19.The sun shall be no more your light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light; but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20.Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
Similarly, the glory of the Lord illuminated the holy of holies within the original Tabernacle: The dwelling-place of God’s glory in the Tabernacle and the Temple on earth had no light of sun or moon; for the Shechinah or glory of God was sufficient.
What has happened? Man has been brought fully into the holy of holies which is lit only by God’s glory! Again, we see the emphasis on the communion of man with a holy God. There is no longer any separation of any sort because sin has been completely done away with. This is why there was still a Millennial Temple during the thousand years, but not a Temple building in the New Jerusalem. In the Millennium, sin still existed (Isa. 65:20; Rev. 20:7-10).
In our own day, the Lamb serves as the spiritual light bringing revelation to men (Luke 2:32; John 1:4-5; 8:12). God’s glory had been seen in the millennial Jerusalem, but the New Jerusalem will eclipse everything from the previous order:
1. Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
2. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people; but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee.
3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
And the nations of those who are saved shall
walk in its light.
Those who are saved, the term nations, denotes the diversity of the redeemed, from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation (Rev. 5:9; 13:7; 14:6). In place of the sun and moon, the nations walk in the light provided by God’s glory which emanates from the city and illuminates the earth (Rev. 21:23; 22:5 And all will speak the same language.
Zephaniah 3:9. For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
Praise be to the LORD Our Father, through His son Jesus Christ Our Lord, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.