Baruch in Babylon
During the reign of Rehoboam, who was the fifth and last king of the Kingdom of Israel, but the first king of the Kingdom of Judah. He was a son of and the successor to Solomon and a grandson of David. In the account of I Kings and II Chronicles KJV, he was initially king of the United Monarchy of Israel, but after the ten northern tribes of Israel rebelled in 932/931 BC to form the independent Northern Kingdom of Israel, under the rule of Jeroboam, http://godsplan.org.uk/fulltentribes.htm Rehoboam remained as king only of the Kingdom of Judah, or southern kingdom. The story of the dispersion, into captivity of the two brothers was told by Baruch of how!, and why!, when he was in Babylon as a captive, and is also told in Lineage to today on this website. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Bereshith.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Lineage8.htm
1:1. And these are the words of the book, which Baruch the son of Nerias, the son of Maasias, the son of Sedecias, the son of Asadias, the son of Chelcias, wrote in Babylon, 2. In the fifth year, and in the seventh day of the month, what time as the Chaldeans took Jerusalem, and burnt it with fire. 3. And Baruch did read the words of this book in the hearing of Jechonias the son of Joachim king of Juda, and in the ears of all the people that came to hear the book, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/earstohear.htm 4. And in the hearing of the nobles, and of the king’s sons, and in the hearing of the elders, and of all the people, from the lowest unto the highest, even of all them that dwelt at Babylon by the river Sud. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/witnessofthestars1.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/witness2.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/witness3.htm 5. Whereupon they wept, fasted, and prayed before the Lord. 6. They made also a collection of money according to everyman’s power: and they sent it to Jerusalem unto Joachim the high priest, the son of Chelcias, son of Salom, and to the priests, and to all the people which were found with him at Jerusalem. 8. At the same time when he received the vessels of the house of the Lord, that were carried out of the temple, to return them into the land of Juda, the tenth day of the month Sivan, namely, silver vessels, which Sedecias the son of Josias king of Juda had made, 9. After that Nabuchodonosor, (Nebuchadnezzar) king of Babylon had carried away Jechonias, and the princes, and the captives, and the mighty men, and the people of the land, from Jerusalem, and brought them into Babylon. 10. And they said, “Behold, we have sent you money to buy you burnt offerings, and sin offerings, and incense, and prepare ye manna, and offer upon the altar of the Lord our God”: 11. And pray for the life of Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon, and for the life of Balthasar his son, that their days may be upon earth as the days of heaven:
Baruch 2: 11—29
12. and the Lord will give us strength, and lighten our eyes, and we shall live under the shadow of Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon, and under the shadow Balthasar his son, and we shall serve them many days, and find favour in their sight.
13. Pray for us also unto the Lord our God, for we have sinned against the Lord our God; and unto this day the fury of the Lord and His wrath is not turned from us. 14. And ye shall read this book which we have sent unto you, to make confession in the house of the Lord, upon the feasts and solemn days.
So what did these, our forefathers’ do that was so sinful; I will let you be the judge?
15. And ye shall say, “To the Lord our God belongeth righteousness, but unto us the confusion of faces, as it has come to pass this day, unto them of Juda, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem,” 16. And to our kings, and to our princes, and to our priests, and to our prophets, and to our fathers: 17. For we have sinned before the Lord, 18. And disobeyed Him, and have not hearkened unto the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in the commandments that He openly gave us:
19. since the day that the Lord brought are forefathers out of the land of Egypt, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/exodus34.htm unto this present day, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Lineage1.htm we have been disobedient unto the Lord our God, and we have been negligent in not hearing His voice. 20. Wherefore [this is why] the evils cleaved unto us, and the curse, which the Lord appointed by Moses his servant at the time He brought our fathers out of the land of Egypt, to give us a land that floweth with milk and honey, like as it is to see this day. 21. Nevertheless we have not hearkened unto the voice of the Lord our God, according unto all the words of the prophets, whom He sent unto us: 22. But everyman followed the imagination of his own wicked heart, to serve strange gods, and do evil in the sight of the Lord. 2:1. Therefore: the Lord hath made good His word, which he pronounced against us , and against our judges that judged Israel, and against our Kings and Queens, and against our princes, and against the men of Israel http://godsplan.org.uk/fulltentribes.htm and Juda, 2. to bring upon us great plagues, such as never happened under the whole heaven, as it came to pass in Jerusalem, according to the things that were written in the law of Moses; 3.that a man should eat the flesh of his own son, and the flesh of his own daughter. 4. Moreover He hath delivered them to be in subjection to all the kingdoms that are round about us, to be as a reproach and desolation among all the people round about, where the Lord hath scattered them. (This; already is beginning to happen) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/brexit.htm 5.Thus we were cast down, and not exalted, because we have sinned against the Lord our God, and have not been obedient unto His voice. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm (Besides all the unruly things happening, same sex marriages, and adoption by the same people, those living in sin, female bishops and priests, poor church attendance, atheists, drugs, murders, stabbings, etc. etc. Is it any wonder we are where we are?) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Ecclesiasticus.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/wheredowego%20.htm
6. To the Lord our God appertaineth righteousness: but unto us and to our fathers open shame, as appeareth this day. 7. For all these plagues have come upon us, which the Lord hath pronounced against us. 8. Yet we have not prayed before the Lord, that we might turn everyone from the imaginations of his wicked heart. 9. Wherefore [this is why] the Lord watched over us for evil, and the Lord hath brought it upon us: for the Lord is righteous in all His works which He hath commanded us. 10. Yet we have not hearkened unto His voice, to walk in the commandments of the Lord, that he hath set before us. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Decalogueinscripture.htm
2:11. And now, O Lord God of Israel, that hast brought Thy people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and high arm, and with signs, and with wonders, and with great power, and hast gotten Thyself a name, as appeareth this day. 12. O Lord our God, we have sinned, we have done ungodly, we have dealt un-righteously in all Thine ordinances. 13. Let Thy wrath turn from us: for we are but a few left among the heathen, where thou hast scattered us.
14. Hear our prayers, O Lord, and our petitions, and deliver us for thine own sake, and give us favour in the sight of them which have led us away: [wheat and tares) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/parables.htm 15. That all the earth may know that Thou art the Lord our God, because Israel and his posterity is called by Thy name. [Your name will no longer be called Jacob, but Israel] http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Lineage3.htm 16. O Lord, look down from thine holy house, and consider us: bow down Thine ear, O Lord, to hear us. 17. Open Thine eyes, and behold; for the dead that are in the graves, whose souls (spirit) are taken from their bodies Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV), will give unto the Lord neither praise or righteousness: 18. But the soul that is greatly vexed, which goeth stooping and feeble, and the eyes that fail, and the hungry soul will give Thee praise and righteousness, O Lord. 19. Therefore we do not make our humble supplication before Thee, O Lord are God, for the righteousness of our fathers, and our kings, 20. For Thou hast sent out Thy wrath and indignation upon us, as Thou hast spoken by Thy servants the prophets, saying,
21. “Thus saith the Lord, ‘Bow down your shoulders to serve the king of Babylon [Babel] & [Satan]: so shall ye remain in the land that I gave unto your fathers.” 22. “But if ye will not hear the voice of the Lord, to serve the king of Babylon.”
23. “I will cause to cease out of the cities of Juda, and from without [outside] Jerusalem, the voice of mirth [laughter], and the voice of joy, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: and the whole land shall be desolate of inhabitants.” http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm 24. But we would not hearken unto Thy voice, to serve the king of Babylon: therefore hast Thou made good the words that Thou speakest by Thy servants the prophets, namely, that the bones of our kings, and the bones of our fathers, should be taken out of their places (bodies = tabernacles in which we inherited from before the fall) Genesis 3:21(KJV) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/earthlytabernacle.htm.
25. And lo, they are cast out to the heat of the day, and to the frost of the night, and they died in great miseries by famine, by sword, and by pestilence. And the house which is called by Thy name hast Thou laid waste, as it is to be seen this day, for the wickedness of the house of Israel http://godsplan.org.uk/fulltentribes.htm, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/blessingsandcursings.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/housesofisrael.htm and the house of Juda http://www.godsplan.org.uk/thetwogenerations.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/hebrew.htm
27. O Lord our God, Thou hast dealt with us after all Thy goodness, and according to all that great mercy of Thine, 28. As Thy spakest by Thy servant Moses in the day when Thou didst command him to write the law before the children of Israel, saying, 29. If ye will not hear My voice, surely this very great multitude shall be turned into a small number among the nations, where I will scatter them. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/cyprus.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/brexit.htm
2:30. For I knew that they would not hear Me, because it is a stiff-necked people [obstinately proud]: but in the land of their captivities they shall remember themselves, 31. And shall know that I am the Lord their God: for I will give them an heart, and ears to hear: http://www.godsplan.org.uk/earstohear.htm 32. And they shall praise Me in the land of their captivity, and think upon My name. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Bereshith.htm 33. And return from their stiff neck and wicked deeds: for they shall remember the way of their fathers, which sinned before the Lord. 34. And I will bring them again into the land which I promised with an oath unto their fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, [Israel], and they shall be Lords of it: and I will increase them, and they shall not be diminished. 35. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them to be their God, and they shall be My people: and I will no more drive My people of Israel out of the land that I have given them. 36. 3:1. O Lord Almighty, God of Israel, the soul in anguish, the troubled spirit, crieth unto Thee. 3:2 Hear, O Lord, and have mercy; for Thou art merciful: and have pity upon us, because we have sinned before Thee. 3:3. For endurest forever, and we perish utterly. 3:4. O Lord Almighty, Thou God of Israel, hear now the prayers of the dead Israelites, and of their children, which have sinned before Thee, and not hearkened unto the voice of Thee God: for the which these plagues cleave unto us. 3:5. Remember not the iniquities of our forefathers: but think upon Thy power and Thy name now at this time. 3:6. For Thou art the Lord our God, and Thee, O Lord, will we praise. 3:7. And for this cause Thou hast put Thy fear in our hearts, to the intent that we should call upon Thy name, and praise Thee in our captivity: for we have called to mind all the iniquity of our forefathers, that sinned before Thee.
(This is the importance of studying, not just the New Testament; but the Old Testament as well, to learn the truth of our God in heaven, who is about to return. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm (For we are still, today, living in Biblical times, which have been hidden from you; unless, you dig for the TRUTH.) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/
3:8. Behold, we are yet this day in our captivity, where Thou hast scattered us, for a reproach and a curse, and to be subject to payments, according to all the iniquities of our father’s, (and ourselves today), which departed from the Lord our God. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/knowledgeandwisdom.htm 3:9. Hear, Israel, the commandments of life: Give ear to understand wisdom. 3:10. How happeneth it, Israel, that thou art in thine enemies land, that thou art waxen old in a strange country, that thou art defiled with the dead. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/apostasytogodskingdom.htm 3:11. That thou art counted with them that go down into the grave? 3:12. Thou hast forsaken the fountain of wisdom
3:13. For if thou hadst walked in the way of God, thou shouldest have dwelled in peace forever.
3:14. Learn where [there] is wisdom, where [there] is strength, where [there] is understanding; that thou mayest know also where [there] is length of days, and life, where [there] is the light of the eyes, and peace. 3:15. Who hath found out her place? Or who hath come into her treasures? http://www.godsplan.org.uk/kingdom.htm. 3:16. Where are the princes of the heathen, and such as ruled the beasts upon the earth; 3:17. They that had their pastime with the fowls of the air? and they that hoarded up silver and gold? wherein men trust, and made no end of their getting. 3:18. For they that wrought in silver, and were so careful, and whose works are unsearchable, 3:19. They are vanished and gone down to the grave, and others have come up in their stead.
3:20. Young men have seen light, and dwelt upon the earth; but the way of knowledge have they not known, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/gathering.htm 3:21. Nor understood the paths thereof, nor laid hold of it: their children were far off from that way. 3:22 It hath been heard of in Chanaan [Canaan], neither hath it been seen in Theman [Theban]. 3:23. The Agarenes [Gadarenes] that seek wisdom upon earth, the merchants of Meran [Maran] and of Theban, that authors of fables, and searchers out of understanding; none of these have known the way of wisdom, or remembereth her paths. 3:24. O Israel, how great is the house of God! And how large is the place of His possession! 3:25. Great, and hath none end; high, and unmeasurable. 3;26. There were the giants famous from the beginning, [Genesis 6:4 KJV] that were of so great stature, and so expert in war. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Lineage2.htm 3:27. Those did not the Lord choose, neither gave He the way of knowledge unto them: 3:28. But they were destroyed, because they had no wisdom, and perished through their own foolishness. 3:29. Who hath gone up to heaven and taken her, and brought her down from the clouds? 3:30. Who hath gone over the sea, and found her, and will bring her for pure gold? 3:31. No man knoweth her way, nor thinketh of her path. 3:32. But He that knoweth all things knoweth her, and hath found her out with His understanding: He that prepared the earth forevermore hath filled it with four footed beasts: 3:33 He that sendeth forth light, and it goeth, calleth it again, and it obeyeth Him with fear. 3:34. The stars shined in their watches, and rejoiced: when He calleth them, they say, “Here we be;” and so with cheerfulness they showed light unto Him that made them. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/thestarsalso2.htm
3:35. This is our God, and there shall none other be accounted of in comparison to Him. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Decalogueinscripture.htm 3:36. He hath found out all the way of knowledge, and hath given unto Jacob His servant, and to Israel His beloved. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Lineage3.htm 3:37. Afterward did He shew Himself upon earth, and conversed with men. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/nativityofjesus.htm
4:1. This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth forever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die. 4:2 Turn thee, O Jacob [Israel] and take hold of it: walk in the presence of the light thereof, that thou mayest be illuminated. 4:3. Give not thine honour to another, nor the things that are profitable unto thee to a strange nation. 4:5. O Israel, happy are we: for things that are pleasing to God are made known unto us.
4:5. Be of good cheer, My People, the memorial of Israel. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/hebrew.htm 4:6. Ye were sold to the nations, not for [your] destruction: but because you moved God to wrath, ye were delivered unto the enemies.
Deuteronomy 28:48 (KJV) “Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the Lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.” That was then, but coming shortly is: http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm 4:7: For ye provoked Him that made you [Genesis 2:7] by sacrificing unto devils and not to God. 4:8. Ye have forgotten the everlasting God that brought you up [out of Egypt]; ye have grieved Jerusalem that nursed you. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/exodus34.htm 4:9. For when she saw the wrath of God coming upon you, she said, “Hearken, O ye that dwell about Sion: God hath brought upon me great mourning.”
4:10. “For I saw the captivity of My sons and daughters, which the everlasting brought upon them.” There is something to explain here, Elohim the Son of God saw the captivity of His sons and daughters, which the everlasting [God] brought upon them. So will it happen again in the near future, at the second coming of Christ. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm He is the only one who can sort out the mess man has got him-self into.
4:11.With joy did I nourish them; but sent them away with weeping and mourning. 4:12. Let no man rejoice over Me, a widow, and forsaken of many, who for the sins of My children am left desolate; because they departed from the law of God. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Decalogueinscripture.htm 4:13. They knew not His statutes, nor walked in the ways of His commandments, nor trod in the paths of discipline in His righteousness.
4:14. Let them that dwell about Sion come, and remember ye the captivity of My sons and daughters, which the Everlasting [High God] hath brought upon them. 4:15. For He hath brought a nation upon them from far, a shameless nation, and of a strange language, who neither reverenced old man, nor pitied child, 4:16. And they have carried away the dear beloved children of the widow, and left her that was alone desolate without daughters.
4:17. But what; can I help you? 4:18. For He that brought these plagues upon you will deliver you from the hands of your enemies. 4:19. Go your way, O My children, go your way: for I am left desolate. 4:20. I have put off the clothing of peace, and put upon Me the sackcloth of My prayer: I will cry unto the everlasting [My Father] in My days. [Hebrew: Elohim].
4:21, Be of good cheer, O My children, cry unto the Lord, and he shall deliver you from the power and hand of the enemies. 4:22. For My hope is in the Everlasting, that He will save you: and joy is come unto Me from the Holy One, because of the mercy which will soon come unto you from the Everlasting [God] your Saviour.
4: 23. For I sent you out with mourning and weeping: but God will give you to Me [Elohim] again with joy and gladness forever. Here we see the perfection of God and Son, as well as the perfection of the holy spirit; http://www.godsplan.org.uk/internalspirit.htm fulfilling Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) “Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.” 1) http://godsplan.org.uk/messianicage.htm
2) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/kingdom.htm So we not only see how God achieves this, but the KJV Bible is true if you study it. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/rightlydividing.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/controloffallenearth.htm
4:24. Like as now the neighbours of Sion have seen your captivity: e.g. brexit.htm so shall they see shortly your salvation from your God, which shall come upon you with great glory, and the brightness of the Everlasting [God].
4:25. My children, suffer patiently that is the wrath that is come upon you from God: for thine enemy hath persecuted thee; but shortly thou shalt see his destruction, and shalt tread upon his neck. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/witness3.htm
http://www.godsplan.org.uk/riddleofthesphinx.htm 4:26. My delicate ones have gone rough ways, and were taken away as a flock caught of the enemies. 4:27. Be of good comfort, O My children, and cry unto God: for ye shall be remembered of Him that brought these things upon you. 4:28. For as it was your mind to go astray from God: so, being returned, seek Him ten times more. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/seekingGod.htm 4:29. For He that has brought these plagues upon you shall bring you everlasting joy again with your salvation. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/ 4:30. Take a good heart, O Jerusalem: for He that gave thee that name will comfort thee. 4:31. Miserable are they that afflicted thee, and rejoiceth at thy fall. 4:32. Miserable are the cities which Thy children served: miserable is she that received Thy sons. 4:33. For as she rejoiced at thy ruin, and was glad of thy fall: so shall she be grieved for her own desolation. 4:34. For I will take away the rejoicing of her great multitude, and her pride shall be turned into mourning. 4:35. For fire shall come upon her from the Everlasting, long to endure; and she shall be inhabited by devils for a great time.
4:36. O Jerusalem, look about thee toward the east, and behold the joy that cometh unto thee from God. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm 4:37. Lo, thy sons come, whom thou sentest away, they come gathered together from the east to the west by the word of the Holy One, rejoicing in the glory of God. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/totallydestroyed.htm 1. Put off, O Jerusalem, the garment of thy mourning and affliction, and put on the comeliness of the glory that cometh from God forever. http://godsplan.org.uk/messianicage.htm to the http://www.godsplan.org.uk/kingdom.htm
2. Cast about thee a double garment of the righteousness which cometh from God; and set a diadem on thine head of the glory of the Everlasting. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/christianrace.htm 3. For God will show thy brightness unto every country under heaven. 4. For thy name shall be called of God for ever the peace of righteousness, and the glory of God’s worship.
5. Arise, O Jerusalem, and stand on high, and look about toward the east, and behold thy children gathered from the west unto the east by the word of the Holy One, rejoicing in the remembrance of God. 6. For they departed from thee on foot, and were led away of their enemies: but God bringeth them unto thee exalted with glory, as children of the kingdom. 7. For God hath appointed that every high hill, and banks of long continuance, should be cast down, and vallies filled up, to make even the ground, that Israel may go safely in the glory of God. 8. Moreover even the woods and every sweet smelling tree shall overshadow Israel by the commandment of God. 9. For God shall lead Israel with joy in the light of His glory with the mercy and righteousness that cometh from Him. [Shekinah].
I have found this piece, in the Septuagint; to be extremely interesting and forthcoming; so much so, I have included many links at the end of each passage, as well as highlighting in red type the poignant passages you see before you. It is my sincere hope these links will make the reading of this document more understandable to the reader: and it is also my hope of educating and informing him/her to a higher knowledge and wisdom, and the importance of studying the whole of God’s Word, not just the New Testament, also to ascertain the full picture and history.
J E Bradburn.